The 2017 Nissan Maxima boasts the true essence of luxury without an exorbitant price tag.
- 2017 Nissan Maxima S: $32,560
- 2017 Nissan Maxima SV: $34,540
- 2017 Nissan Maxima SL: $37,040
- 2017 Nissan Maxima SR: $37,820
- 2017 Nissan Maxima SR Midnight: $39,015
- 2017 Nissan Maxima Platinum: $39,990
Performance and Fuel Economy
Every version of the 2017 Nissan Maxima runs on a 3.5L V6 engine that makes a confident 300 hp and 261 lb-ft of torque. On the other end of the powertrain is a standard continuously variable transmission (CVT). Fuel economy remains strong even with the generous power the Maxima produces, with the EPA estimating 21 mpg city and 30 mpg highway.
Trims and Features
The 2017 Nissan Maxima can seat five people regardless of the trim you select, but they all have unique offerings.
- S: The 2017 Nissan Maxima S trim stands as the introductory model, setting the stage with 18-inch alloy wheels, power front seats, cruise control, and keyless entry and start, among many other amenities. Electronics in the cabin include an eight-inch touchscreen interface that gives you easy access to Bluetooth, a navigation system, a rearview camera, and Apple CarPlay smartphone integration.
- SV: As the next trim in the Maxima lineup, the SV takes the baseline features list from the S and adds heated outdoor mirrors, full leather upholstery, and front and rear parking sensors. You also have the option to buy the Dynamic package for a rear spoiler, different 18-inch wheels, and side sill extensions.
- SL: The trend toward luxury continues in the Maxima SL, thanks to a panoramic sunroof, a top-tier 11-speaker Bose sound system, adaptive cruise control, a heated steering wheel, and an array of safety features.
- SR: The SR trim takes the Maxima in a bit of a sportier direction with 19-inch wheels and available performance tires, along with a sport-tuned suspension, paddle shifters for gear changes, and Active Ride Control for smooth rides no matter how bumpy the terrain is. This model also gets LED headlights, enhanced leather upholstery, and heated and ventilated front seats for maximum comfort.
- SR Midnight: This package upgrades the SR, putting the focus on style with the inclusion of a sport rear spoiler, a rear diffuser, and gloss black wheels.
- Platinum: The uppermost trim in the Maxima lineup boasts automatic wipers, premium craftily stitched leather upholstery, a surround view camera, and a driver attention alert system. You also have the option to add the Medallion Edition package for a premium rear spoiler, different 18-inch wheels, and special lighting.
The cabin of the 2017 Nissan Maxima exudes true class, with high quality materials like soft-touch plastics and genuine wood trim. Nissan’s unique “Zero Gravity” seats bring added support to the mix, and an intuitive tech interface keeps you connected on the go. Five adult passengers will be able to sit comfortably inside the Maxima, and the trunk measures a spacious 14.3 cubic feet.
The 2017 Nissan Maxima speaks for itself when it comes to sophistication and appointments, but top auto critics have been quick to back this midsize sedan and its luxurious stature as well.
- Edmunds: “When you’re shopping for your next car, you’re often comparing neat groupings of models that, for the most part, line up with each other in terms of size, equipment, performance and price. Apples to apples, oranges to oranges, midsize sedan to midsize sedan. Sometimes, though, a car like the 2017 Nissan Maxima comes along that exists outside those neat groupings. It’s a disruption to the order, and it presents an interesting — albeit desirable – dilemma for shoppers.”
- Car and Driver: “It’s time to stop pressuring the Maxima to live up to its billing as a four-door sports car and accept it for what it is: a bargain-priced luxury car. A gutsy 3.5-liter V-6 makes 300 hp and drives the front wheels through a CVT. The cabin is quiet, has an 8.0-inch touchscreen with navigation and Apple CarPlay, and can be fitted with diamond-quilted seat inserts, mahogany wood trim, and ambient lighting.”
Find the 2017 Nissan Maxima at Butler Nissan of Macon!
Now that you have a better sense of all the 2017 Nissan Maxima can do to serve your driving needs and desires, you should head to Butler Nissan of Macon to take it for a spin. Our dealership is conveniently located near Warner Robins and Milledgeville at 4500 Riverside Dr. in Macon, GA. You can always get in touch if you need any assistance before you visit!